|Paco Church before it was burned (1945)|
In 1580, the first church built was made of nipa and bamboo and was originally dedicated to Our Lady of Purification.
Fr. Juan de Garrovillas of the Franciscan order has rebuilt the church using stone materials in 1599-1601.
The neighbourhood's name Dilao refers to a native shrub once used to dye textiles yellow (current Filipino orthography: dilaw, "yellow").
In 1791, a temporary church made of bamboo and nipa was erected.
|Paco Church during the American forces occupying Manila (1762)|
|World War II top view of Paco (1899)|
|Paco Church old altar (2009)|
|Paco Church altar (present photo)|
|Paco Church (present photo)|